Another dried mussels recipe from me! The one packet of dried mussels can actually make with few dishes, I still have half a packet left. I had tried it with Lotus Root Soup and Chap Chai and now tried it with chicken and mushrooms. But I would probably say it would taste better with pork belly or drumsticks. But if you are health conscious, then just use skinless chicken breasts like me. Perhaps I will use the dried mussels in a vegetable soup next.
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced and marinated with soy sauce, white pepper, rice wine, garlic powder and cornstarch (or you can use pork belly)
- 8-10 dried mussels, soften in warm water, drain
- 8 dried flower mushrooms, soften in warm water, drain
- Few pieces of sliced gingers
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 6-8 small white rock sugar
- 1/4 cup Chinese rice wine
- Soy sauce to taste
- 1 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, add in a little oil. When hot, add in ginger slices and stir-fry until fragrant. Add in the spices and stir-fry well. Add in chicken and dried mussels, stir-fry until chicken is almost cooked.
2. Add in water to cover. Add in mushrooms, stir well. Add in the seasonings and let it simmer for an hour.
3. Season to taste if needed. Serve with rice.