Guess you have noticed the ugly looking kuih bahlu I have right? I don't have the pretty kuih bahlu mould so I used the mini muffin pan to make this instead. If you too don't own the mould and wanted to make this, check out my instruction on the next page. The method is about the same but slightly different. You can still enjoy the kuih bahlu without the mould. I guess the next time I go back to M'sia, I need to buy myself two kuih bahlu moulds.
Recipe adapted from Sinner, from Kitchen Redneck. Thanks Sinner!
- 2 large eggs
- 60gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp, pure vanilla extract
- 60gm all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1. Beat eggs with electric beater until light and frothy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add in sugar and vanilla. Beat until thick and yellow, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in sifted flour and baking powder and use a spatula to blend well.
4. Preheat oven to 375'F. Grease the mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
5. Scoop batter by tablespoon into mini muffin tin evenly until it reaches the top, not too much.
6. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Take it out with a toothpick and cool on wire rack.
7. Store in air-tight container when cooled.
Makes about 22 pieces. Recipe can be double.