Need a quick meal and yet wanted it to be balance? I was left with two pieces of chicken strips and I had to make it into a meal that could feed three. I bought those Maruchan ramen when it went on sales for 10 cents each for stir-frying. I did not like the seasoning that came with it so I either made my own soup base or save this for stir-frying. With the protein and carbohydrate readied, all I needed was some vegetable to make it complete. Just checked the refrigerator for whatever veggie you have and you can cook up this delicious ramen dish in less than 10 minutes.
I'm sharing this noodle with Presto Pasta Nights, an event created by Ruth from Once Upon a Feast. This week host is Ruth herself! Check out her delicious round up on Friday Nov, 5th!
- 3-4 packets of ramen, cook ramen as directed by package, drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1/8 head of green cabbage, julienne
- 1/2 of yellow onion, julienne
- Fish sauce, to taste
- Oyster sauce, about 2-3 Tbsp.
- Sugar, about 1 tsp.
- White pepper, dashes of
- A touch of sesame oil in the end of cooking
1. In a heated wok, pour in some cooking oil. Add in garlic, stir-fry a little, add in onion, stir-fry until soften. Add in cabbage and carrot, stir-fry until cooked.
2. Add in cooked ramen and seasonings except sesame oil. Stir-fry well and do a taste test to see if you need to adjust the seasonings. If not, turn off the heat and lastly add a touch of sesame oil. Stir-well and serve on the plate.