Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Toast Camembert Bagel


I received this sample of Normandie Ile de France Camembert recently.  I was one of the lucky fews who got to sample the product before it hit the shelf and release to the general public.  Its' flavor is more intense than Brie and I instantly noticed it when I first opened the box.  I could actually smelled it.  Ile de France Camembert is crafted in Normandy, from local Rbst (hormone) free pasteurized cow milk.  The herds spend most of their time outside, grazing in the fields of Normandy, known for its temperate climate and rich soil.  It has the mushrooms and nutty undertones and known for its' creaminess.


This was my first time sample a Camembert and frankly I had no idea how people eat this besides serving as a cheese platter.  So I went to the Ile de France Website and look through the recipes.  But I was too eager to try it and I had some bagel at home, so I just cut two slices and toast it in the toaster oven.  Got to say, even though it didn't smell too good, it tasted not bad at all.  Very creamy and melted beautifully.  Even my little Edda who said yuck at the smell couldn't stop eating it.  Two days later, I tried it in my cheesy shell pasta dish and my two girls walloped it up.  They really loved it. 


Two slices of Camembert on my mini blueberry bagel.

The end product!  Loved how the cheese melted, yummy!  Would go great with a English muffin with bacon and fried egg as well.

12 comments:

Rico said...

I absolutely love Camembert and even more so like that half melted, what makes me love it even more is a little spinach and garlic mixed in and maybe some jalapeños.

Thanks for the share

Rico-Tried and Tested Recipes

Unknown said...

I haven't had that type of cheese for so long.

Cooking Gallery said...

I love melted cheese, but I am not very into Camembert (don't really like the smell), but when it's melted, I might probably think differently....

Belinda @zomppa said...

What a fantastic, grown-up bagel!!

Unknown said...

ohhh i love love love camembert...on (almost) anything :D

Noob Cook said...

the oozing cheese looks great in the bagel :)

Agnes CF Lee said...

very cheesey...hard for us to buy bagels here in our local bakery. Great to have free stuff to try.

Anonymous said...

The melted cheese looks soooo tempting! :p

Little Corner of Mine said...

Your version sounds yum Rico. I just have no experience eating Camembert prior to this. :P

Joy, perhaps it's time to buy one? ;)

Haha Cooking Gallery, same case here.

Thanks Belinda.

Cool Rita. You might like this Normandic Camembert too.

I agreed noobcook. :P

No bagel at your local bakery Agnes? Where are you at?

Thanks crustabakes.

tigerfish said...

I do like soft cheeses such as brie and camembert! Get a variety of them and make cheese fondue! haha!

Food For Tots said...

Love the melted cheese oozing out from the bagel. Looks so yummy!

mycookinghut said...

I am a big fan of Camembert!!! This looks lovely!