Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spicy Green Beans with Shrimps


I like this dish and made it quite often.  I don't know if the green bean is in season but the farmer market here has been selling it for 99 cent/ pound.  If I would make this for my family, I would omit the extra chili and since I was making this for adults, I added my chili paste in oil to give it an extra kick.  I only added one teaspoon because I was afraid that it might be too spicy as this new batch of my chili paste in oil was kinda spicy.  I certainly wouldn't want to make it inedible for most because of the heat.


I have a similar recipe here.  Except for this I added some chili paste in oil to make it spicier.  Check it out, super easy to make for the overseas Malaysian who misses this dish.  You can substitute the green bean with asparagus, long bean, okra and eggplant.

 

14 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

looked delicious having prawns and green beans! lovely!

pigpigscorner said...

More chili for me please =)

Belinda @zomppa said...

Can't beat that price - or spice! Bring it on.

Zoe said...

look really nice...yum

busygran said...

This will go well with nasi lemak which I've just finished cooking.

Charmaine said...

Perfect dish to go with a bowl of steamed rice. Yum, as usual!

ICook4Fun said...

This is how I like to cook my green beans too. With shrimps and spicy sauce.

Joyti said...

Looks like an easy yet tasty dish. YUM!!!

Unknown said...

oh yums! delish! I still have a pack of prawns in the fridge...I am inspired! ^_^

MoB said...

chili and shrimps - i LIKE!

Bakericious said...

I love this dish, yum yum.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this look so yummy, I like to add chili too.

tigerfish said...

Give me some warm plain porridge now and I can have this whole plate of deliciousness.

daphne said...

anything spicy, with shrimps tastes soo good..and i like the addition of beans as well. Another way to add veges in diet! will go soo well with rice!