I always wanted to roast some pumpkin seeds. My opportunity came when I had a bag of pumpkin seeds given by a library event (pumpkin carving) that we went to. I loved green tea flavor and so automatically I wanted to try green tea flavored roasted pumpkin seeds. This is definitely good and make a great snack. Me and my girls all loved it.
Since this was slow roasted for an hour, we can certainly pop the whole thing in the mouth. It's totally edible with extra fiber and crunch. You can taste the green tea and salt. Of course if you choose to just eat the seed, you can do that too. I did that while watching my korean drama. LOL!
- 1- 1 1/4 cup whole pumpkin seeds (cleaned, remove pulp and strings, wipe with paper towel and let dry)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. green tea powder or matcha
1. Preheat oven to 275'F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and spread it on the foil lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Let cool and store in an air-tight container.
(Double the recipe for 2 cups of pumpkin seeds)