Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet Corn Dried Scallop Soup


Corns was on sales few weeks ago at the Farmers' Market here, 6 for $1.  I bought 6 and left with two corns to make soup.  You know, sweet corns will make the soup sweet, plus carrots, dried scallops, chicken bone and dried longan, all will make the soup sweet, so what could be not sweet about this soup?

This soup turned out to be sweet of course and with a little salt to bring in the overall flavor.  How you cooked your corns in the soup?







Ingredients:

  • 2 Sweet corns
  • 2 carrots
  • 4 dried scallops
  • 1 chicken breast bone or 2 drumsticks
  • 15 dried longans
  • 1500ml water
  • Salt to taste

Method:

1.  In a pot, add in water and chicken breast bone, or two drumsticks, let in boil.  When boiling, dish out any impurity that floated on top.  

2.  Add in the rest of the ingredients except salt.  Turn to low heat and let it simmer, covered for 2 hours.  Season to taste with salt and serve warm.

9 comments:

homeladychef said...

I love my soup sweet, carrots, sweet corns, scallop, chicken bone, bring them on!

tigerfish said...

Almost the same way as you but I do not have dried scallops - so I make it without them.

Anh said...

that soup looks beautiful and nourishing...

Food For Tots said...

I just used corns to make corn fritters lately. This sweet soup must be a hit for my son. He loves corns.

MoB said...

This looks perfectly yummy. i use almost the same ingredients in my corn soup, except longans. didn't know that they can be used in soups

daphne said...

Great idea! It's like ABC soup without the A and B! I think it's simple and nourishing. Such a coincidence we both made corn soup but of a different sort. LOL

Bakericious said...

I love corn in soup, this is absolutely sweet and tasty!

sensiblecooking said...

That sounds so comforting for the winter and the cold fall.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Me too homeladychef. :)

Sounds good too Tigerfish.

Thanks Anh.

F4T, try it for your son. I just find it easier to throw it in soup. :P

Masterofboots, the one I used is dried longan, the one people used to make "tong sui"/dessert soup or herbal soup.

Yes Daphne, I realized that too, different corn soup. :)

Yes Jess. :)

Thanks sensiblecooking.