Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Cookies


Chinese New Year falls on Valentine's Day this year so we see some of the Chinese New Year cookies this year were made into heart shape.  I didn't plan on making this cookies actually but I was left with some pineapple dough from making the Nastar.  So, I rolled out the dough, cut it with a lovely heart shape cookie press and put the middle with raspberry preserved.  Valentine's Day needs some red color right?  So, raspberry or strawberry preserved was the best choice for me.  Lovely isn't it?




















Be careful not to put too much preserved in the middle as it would spilled out during baking.  But it was still okay, just scrape off the spill preserved when cool.  I baked them in preheated 350'F oven for 12 minutes.  I didn't apply egg wash on them because I didn't want to ruin the look of the raspberry preserved.

Here wishing all my readers a Sweet and Happy Valentine's Day and a Prosperous and Healthy Lunar New Year!!! 

9 comments:

pigpigscorner said...

So pretty! Happy Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day!

Sweet Jasmine said...

These r indeed lovely. Gong Xi Fa Cai and Happy Valentine to U and family.

ICook4Fun said...

Wishing you and your family A Happy and Prosperous New Year. Keong Hee Huat Chai!! Oh, and Happy Valentine's too.

Peony said...

lovely cookies.

Happy CNY and Valentine Day to you and family.

Baking Fiend said...

oh these are so sweet! i wish i hv time to bake something for v'day too.

Happy Lunar New Year to you and your family, Ching!

My Asian Kitchen said...

so cute cookies!! Gong Hei Huat Chai to you and family!!

Dina said...

great idea for both holidays!

Kate said...

What a beautiful look that cookie press gives! Could you let us know where you found it?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks ladies.

Kate, I forgot exactly where, but it's either in the baking supply shops in Taman Megah or the Giant or Jusco supermarket in Johor Bahru.