Do you know how easy it is to make your own rice krispies treat? Most kids love rice krispies but the store-bought one can be quite pricey. I wanted to prepare some snack for Evy to bring to school so I thought of this. I added raisins for extra nutrition (you can add other dried fruit too). I cut and put them into individual snack bag so that I can just grab and put it in her backpack. It's easy for her to snack without her fingers being sticky and dirty as well. I think we can make a Cheerio version of this too. ;)
Packed down and let it cool.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter (optional)
- 10 oz. marshmallow or 4 cups mini marshmallow
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp. Nutella spread (optional)
In individual size snack zipper bag.
1. Use a cooking spray and spray a 9x2x13 pan. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add in peanut butter and marshmallow and stir until completely melted. Take it off the heat and stir in rice krispies, raisins and Nutella spread. Quickly stir to coat well.
3. Pour into the prepared pan. Spray your hands/a spatula with cooking spray and press it down nicely. Let it cool before cutting.
4. Store in individual snack zipper bag and then the air-tight container.
Then lock and keep in an air-tight container. Best consume within 2-3 days.