Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Guilin Vermicelli with Minced Pork



I loved this chewy noodle served at Lily's house. It was always a hit. I need to ask her for her sauce recipe. I tried to recreate this noodle at home but it was not the same because different sauce was used. Lily, if you are reading this, please e-mail me your sauce recipe you put in your noodle yeah. I used Guilin vermicelli for mine and stir-fried the minced pork with carrots and scallions until cooked before pouring it to mix with the noodle.



Closed up of my Guilin vermicelli with minced pork. I ate this noodle with the XO sauce too, simply yummilicious. No recipe this time as the sauce is not perfected yet, wrong sauce for this noodle, perhaps I need to add some sugar.

14 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

This look so good. I am so hungry now :) Can you show me a picture of how the noodles look like?

daphne said...

ooo.. Guilin vermicelli is new to me! But it looks REALLY GOOD! I can just imagine the xo sauce...spicy!!!

Unknown said...

wow...i havent tried guilin vermicelli before...let me see if i can find it here. i always love noodle dishes but too lazy to cook them T_T

Noob Cook said...

Is this like chu mee fen (thick bee hoon)? looks yummy~

Bits said...

Wow! Look at the sauce of the vermicelli, I bet it must be very mouth watering!

Talita said...

This dish looks really yummy! I love pork!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Sorry Gert, I finished all the noodle already and haven't restock yet, so no pic. to show. It is like a white (kinda transparent) dry noodle sticks in a bunch, 1 packet has 4 bunches.

Yes Daphne, I always used it to make soup noodle, didn't know it's good in stir-fry too until recently.

Ha Rita, but I thought noodle dish is pretty easy. :P

Noobcook, not sure, it's fairly thick compared to bee hoon.

BofT, we certainly like this noodle especially Evy. She can eat a lot when I cooked this.

Thanks Talita.

Chibog in Chief said...

this looks like our pancit canton and i so love how it looks!! yay!! its so hard to take pictures of noodles but you always succeed in making them!!

pigpigscorner said...

This looks so good! Can I have 2 bowls please?

homeladychef said...

I really like this!! Give me a bowl!!

Big boys Oven said...

this is my type of noodles! just awesome! yours must be tasty! :)

Our Renovation Adventures said...

Wow, looks very yummy! It's close to lunch time here now and looking at it just works up my appetite.

SIG said...

It looks like laksa noodle or spaghetti. Tastes similar?

tigerfish said...

This vermicelli looks like spaghetti leh!