Had some leftover tofu and decided to pan-fry it. Tofu can be quite bland so remember to season generously yet not over board. Best to enjoy the crispy tofu with a condiment such as this Thai sweet chili sauce or ketchup.
- Regular Tofu, cut into slices like above
- Sea salt grinder
- McCormick Italian herb seasoning grinder
- Peppercorn Medley grinder
- Rice flour or cornstarch for coating
- Thai sweet chili sauce
1. Cut the tofu and pat dry with paper towel on both sides. Season generously with seasoning listed on both sides except rice flour/cornstarch. Let it season for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a plate, pour some rice flour/cornstarch. In a medium heat skillet, heat some oil. Coat both sides of seasoned tofu with flour and slowly put into the heated oil. Pan-fry both sides of tofu until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce or ketchup.