Monday, September 01, 2008

Stir-fried Zucchini with Minced Shrimps/Prawns



Is stir-fry zucchini a popular dish in China? As I only had this dish at my Chinese friends house. At first I was not used to it but I grow to like them cooked in this way. They usually cook it plain but I added minced shrimps into my variation. I tried to recreate this dish at home as in slicing the zucchini in the similar way. Slicing it thinly really makes it nicer to eat.



This dish is easy as well, only three main ingredients needed, minced shrimps (made from 6 jumbo shrimps), 2 zucchinis and 2 cloves of garlic, chopped. As for the sauces for this, I used LKK hot bean paste, dash of salt and chicken stock granules (optional). This dish would be as good without the hot bean paste too, keep it simple. My stir-fry dishes tend to be fairly easy, only the slicing and preparing part took a while.

Here, I presented you with a new dish to cook for your family (if you never have zucchini cook in this way before) and I hope you enjoy this dish just like we did.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks incredibly good and craving-inducing!~ yum... I love how you shred the zucchini so perfectly thin ... I must try it out ;)

Big Boys Oven said...

this is so holy delicious...just need a bowl of rice now! lol!

tigerfish said...

Almost like stir fry cucumber wor.....:D

daphne said...

Yeah. I have never cook zucchini this way before but my grandma has. I like the mince shrimp too-add texture!

Unknown said...

another winner... :) wonder if i can substitute cucumber for the zuchinni... thanks for sharing... :)

Beachlover said...

zucchini!!hmmm,love this with minced shrimp,anything with seafood is good for me!!the last time I eat zucchini is Japanese hibachi style!!.waiting for someone to give me their zucchini from their garden!!lol!

Sweet Jasmine said...

I have only use zucchini as salad. Will try out this recipe. Looks crunchy ....

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks noobcook. Just a simple salt and chicken granules make it delicious too. ;)

Thanks BBOven. Here's a bowl of rice for you, enjoy! :P

Tigerfish, almost but we don't like stir-fry cucumber, it turns soft.

Daphne, it's good with chicken or meat too!

Thanks Mikky. Can substitute but I'm not sure how it will turn out.

Beachlover, I hope your neighbor will give you her impressive zucchini again. If not, buy zucchini in Asian store for a whole lot cheaper.

Thanks sweet jasmine, yes you should try, it's surprisingly good. Good in curry vegetable too!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This looks awesome! Never knew what to do with zucchinis other than for salad.

Thanks for sharing!

Retno Prihadana said...

I like stir fry zucchini with shrimps too. I just add some oyster sauce, garlic, onion and chilies. Sometimes with a bit rice noodles.

slau said...

I do a version which uses dried shrimp (soak) and sohun (bean thread vermicelli). Fried with just minced garlic, salt, soy sauce and pepper. My take of another dish which uses cucumber / gourd which is curiously known as "tai yee ma kar lui" (1st aunt marries off daughter)

Chibog in Chief said...

stir-fry zucchini sounds so delectable!! i sure never had this!! im so trying this recipe!

Jin Hooi said...

wow.. interesting!! I have never had stir fry zucchini before, will definately give it a try !!

Little Corner of Mine said...

You're welcome skinnymum.

Retno, your version sounds delicious!

Wow sh, your version sounds delicious too, I must try to add harbee and tang hoon in my next stir-fry. Thanks!

Dhanggit, you should because it's really good.

Jin Hooi, hope you like it!