Saturday, June 21, 2008

Scramble Eggs with Sweet Snap Peas and Preserved Veggie


I was left with some sweet snap peas, not enough to make a dish, just enough to use it as a side to a dish. So, I was cracking my brain again and decided to try it in scramble eggs. I love this crunchy snap peas and thought it would be great in scramble eggs or an omelette. I also have some preserved veggie (chai por) that I needed to finish so it went into the scramble eggs.



Ingredients:

3-4 large eggs, whipped with soy sauce, white pepper
1/4 cup of preserved veggie (chai por)
1 cup of cut sweet snap peas
Cooking oil

Method:

1. Heat the wok with cooking oil. When heated, add in the chai por and sweet snap peas. Stir-fry until the snap peas are cooked. Then, add in the eggs. Scramble until the eggs are cooked and dish out to serve.

Note: Instead of scrambling the eggs, you can do an omelette.

13 comments:

culinary said...

something i have been thinking to fry, at least now got the inspiration from you. your blog looks so nice, you must have put a lot of effort in it. keep it up

Beachlover said...

oh yes!! long time I didn't have beans wt scramble egg...your is better wt chai po..hmmm love to eat with chok!!

Big Boys Oven said...

this dish looks so awesome delicious and not difficult to make wow!

Anonymous said...

Interesting combo, but sounds really good. Thank you for sharing!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks culinary. I'll try my best to keep it up. :)

Beachlover, oh yes, very good with chok (porridge)!

Thanks BBOven! All my dishes are fairly easy to make. Hehe...

Thanks Trish and thanks for leaving me a comment. :)

Par said...

Nice yummie dish, I make something similar to this but without the preserved vege.

Unknown said...

good idea for tonight's dinner hehehe...it's been a while since i made asian scrambled eggs/omelette

Anonymous said...

hmm ... I haven't done this type of dish for a long time mainly because my hubby and kid don't know how to appreciate this. *sigh* Perhaps I can try it again :) I'm sure any kid would love stir-fried chai por with sugar. :)

tigerfish said...

Ya...give me some of that. I can eat with porridge or rice.

Chibog in Chief said...

this is the kind of recipe i need to bookmark when im in a hurry to cook fancy food! this recipe look simple and yet delicious!!

Nilmandra said...

Good idea for using up the sugar snaps!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Kay.

Rita, one easy dish right?

Cooking ninja, my hubby and daughters love anything eggs. Perhaps you can try again.

Here you go, tigerfish! :P

Thanks Dhanggit! :)

Thanks Nilmandra.

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

I love egg dishes, especially those that incorporate vegetables. I can imagine this being very tasty from the combination of snap peas and preserved vegetables.