Monday, June 02, 2008

Back in U.S.

We safely arrived in COS yesterday. I had to dress Evy in long pant, long sleeve shirt, socks and also covered her hands with socks all the way home. We got a scare in the Hong Kong airport as the officer asked us to remove her socks on her hands. Luckily when my husband explained that it was some rashes, she didn't pursue it. *wipe sweat* Evy was still having painful throat and mouth sores on all the flights home, thus she hardly eaten anything. Luckily Edda was feeling better and able to eat and sleep. My parents in-law came with us and they will be here for two weeks. Right now we are all suffering from jet lag, some more severe, some just mild. After this update, I need to go get some sleep too, I woke up at 5am this morning and I don't think I get enough rest. I can't cook because I cleared my fridge before I went back, so later we will have to do some grocery shopping. Edda is back to her usual self again and happily eating and requesting for food. She is able to play and run around again. Evy is getting better, at least her throat and mouth is not painful anymore. However since she is getting hit hard on her hands and feet, it will probably takes a while for her scars to disappear. Right now all her sores, blisters, red spots were turning dark red and dried up, and very scarely looking. I hope it won't leave her with ugly scars!

18 comments:

MommyMonster said...

Home Sweet Home.. Glad alls well back home in US. Have been praying that your family arrive safely... esp your daughters.Have a good rest. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Hello Ching,
i'm sorry to hear that about your daughters, hope they get well soon and no scarfs.
Hope to hear soon better news of you.
take care
chrissy

Baking Fiend said...

welcome home! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks MommyMonster, Chrissy and Baking Fiend. :)

ICook4Fun said...

Hi Ching, welcome home. Hope your girls will be better soon. Take care

Beachlover said...

Welcome home!!..Now you have in-law as guests..can help you take care your children,maybe?.I guess chinese in-law are mush better than kwai loh in-law,right?So now we can see your action in kitchen soon:))

Unknown said...

Poor Evy, get well soon, girl ^_^

Retno Prihadana said...

Hi Ching, welcome back. Hopefully Evy is getting well soon. stay tune for your next posting from the kitchen:)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Gert. They are better now.

Thanks Beachlover. Yeah they do play with the grandkids sometimes.

Thanks Rita.

Thanks Retno. Posting from the kitchen coming up soon. :)

tigerfish said...

You are back in US already ah?! :D When I return from a trip somewhere, I usually become too lazy to cook - plus, similarly, I find it hard to get groceries only till I recover from jet- lag and tiredness.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodnes... how can u be so irresponsible and let the kids travel when they are sick..

this is how epidemics strike lor.. when victims travel.. but the diff is, these victims dont know they are suffering from a contagious disease.. u KNOW they are having hand foot mouth disease..

so irresponsible!

Lia said...

welcome back! waiting to see u again posting the recipe ;)

get well soon for Evy

WokandSpoon said...

Doesn't sound pleasant. Hope your girls are much better now.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish,
Yes, back already. Since my inlaws are here, have to show them around and thus not much time to cook.

Hi WHO,
Just being practical. Unless you want to pay for our air-tickets (for 4) then it's another story. All we could do is to cover her and forbid her to play or go near other kids.

Thanks Lia. She is recovered now. Hoping to cook something worthy of posting also. :P

Thanks wokandspoon! They are back to their normal selfs already. :)

LILY'S COOKING COLLECTION said...

Hi Ching,
Welcome back , wish your girls get well soon .
Take care

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and hope everything is in order again.Hope your girls get well soon and you take care.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Lily. They are fine now. :)

Thanks suesue. My girls are well now. But I haven't really step into my kitchen yet as my in-laws are here and have to show them around and thus mostly eat out.

Anonymous said...

poor little gals >_< !! but the poorest still the mom had to take care of them 24hrs , u hv to get more rest lah .......