Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Steamed Green Tea Cupcakes
I love the steamed banana cupcakes so I decided to make other variety of steamed cakes. Since I really love green tea flavor so this was an easy choice. For sure I will try out different flavors in the future. I steamed this in my newly acquired diamond shape Wilton's silicon cups. Hmmm...looks like these steamed cakes want to play "pee ka boo" with me! LOL!
How it looked when I took it out from the silicon cups and turned it the other side so that it didn't look like these cuppies were saying "pee ka boo". These steamed cuppies are soft and light, I really loved it. I also made it healthier by using skim milk and oil.
Ingredients: (yield 11 diamond shape silicon cups)
1/2 cup sugar
67g canola oil (or vegetable oil)
180g skim milk (or any milk you have)
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp. green tea powder
1. Beat (A) with an electric beater until double in size.
2. Add (B), whisk to combine.
3. In another bowl, add (C), whisk to combine. Add into the wet mixture. Mix until incorporated.
4. Pour into the silicon cups and steam in a steamer for 15 minutes.
5. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and release from silicon cups and let cool completely before storing in air-tight container.