Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Spicy Hot & Sour Chicken




I saw this Beachlover's Spicy Hot and Sour Tilapia Fish and decided to give it a try. I like her idea of the sauce, incorporating Tom Yam paste instead of tomato sauce in her sweet and sour sauce. As you know, I also use Tom Yam paste in my stir-fry as this post here. So, let's get cooking! Instead of the fish, I stir-fry some chicken breasts to cook with the sauce. It's indeed a very good sauce, not only good for fish and chicken, but pork as well. Do give it a try! This sauce is slightly spicy, sweet and sour with hint of Tom Yam flavor.

9 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

Lovely, lovely, so sweat and so sour, what a combination and some more got tom yam infused!

Mandy said...

my mouth is watering already! Will surely check out this recipe, and report back on my outcome. :)

Indonesia Eats said...

ahhhh this one looks so tempting. yummy

daphne said...

i haven't been using tom yam paste for a few months now! Thanks for reminding me. hehehe..

Dwiana P said...

This is absolutely one of my fav!! Yours look so good!!!

Edith said...

wow wow wow... this looks yummy.

Beachlover said...

oh!! at first glance I thought you make Kung Po chicken..hahaha!!..wah..you're so resourceful,stir fry Tom Yam paste with chicken...very creative.I must try one day your style.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I usually use Tom Yam Paste in other stuff too, even my deep fried prawn balls!

Now I have another plate of your dish to clean up with rice ! :O

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks BBOven! :)

Can't wait for your feedback, Mandy. :)

It's indeed yummy Andaliman. :)

You're most welcome Daphne. :)

Thanks Dwiana! :)

Thanks Edith! :)

Hi Beachlover,
You are resourceful as well and thanks for this delicious sauce recipe. :)

Hehe...tigerfish, tom yam paste is a paste to have at home now, to kick it up a notch, like Emeril said. LOL!