Thursday, November 01, 2007

SPAM Chilli Fried Rice



Fried rice, fried rice, everybody loves a good fried rice! On my lazy night I would fried rice, not necessary to clear my fridge but just being plain lazy. Haha... I always keep a packet of frozen mixed vegetable in my freezer just for this purpose, sometimes I used that in my porridge too. Anything for convenient. What else did you see? SPAM!! Yup! I keep a can or two of reduced sodium SPAM in my pantry for emergency or for a lazy day like this. So, whipping out some fried rice is as easy as 1-2-3. All I needed would be an egg and some chopped garlic.



I decided to add a little kick into my fried rice by adding the Delimas Crispy Prawn Chilli. Currently out of stock again but do check back at mytasteofasia.com for new arrival. A lot of people have discovered how delicious and versatile this prawn chili is and thus how fast this product is selling. You can eat it straight from the bottle as a condiment to any rice/noodle dish or use it in stir-fry, like fried rice/noodle/vegetable, etc. If you can think it, you can cook it! This chilli is spicy, sweet, crispy and fragrant with the dried shrimps. A must try! Oh in Asia, it's under the brand name Tean's Gourmet. ;)

Note: This product does contains MSG.

20 comments:

Indonesia Eats said...

ahhhhh sambal in nasi goreng huaaa yummy

daphne said...

Spam fried rice! So good!
Honestly think that fried rice is one of the best chinese food around! I wonder who is the smart person who invited it. Paired with prawn chilli? superb.

oh! for the mirin, u can try using some warm stock to dilute the paste or warm water. Miso is quite salty hence mirin can balance it up.. but i reckon using non salted stock will do the trick and may even taste better.

SIG said...

Oh yah, fried rice is for lazy days haha. I agree. The chilli looks very good but maybe not selling in Singapore?

Retno Prihadana said...

Nasi goreng/fried rice is my menu in almost every weekend. It´s a good idea to add vegetable, I´m used to add only green beans.

Big Boys Oven said...

What got crispy prawn chilli, that's why your fry rice taste so delicous! trade secret! lol!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Andaliman.

Hi Daphne,
Yes and we love Spam too! That smart person must be someone who doesn't want to waste food and thus created this! LOL!!! Thanks for the mirin alternative! :)

Hi Singairishgirl,
This chilli is seeling in M'sia and S'pore under the brand name Tean's Gourmet Crispy Prawn Chilli. Packaging slightly different but it's the same thing. Look out for it next time you shop! ;)

Hi Retno,
I used to add a lot more ingredients but finding that for a good fried rice, it actually doesn't require too many ingredients.

Hi BBOven,
Hehehe...now you know my secret huh? It definitely gives a little kick to an usual plain fried rice. ;)

East Meets West Kitchen said...

LOL! Guess who made fried rice too? haha!

Par said...

That looks like something I would make but without chilli

SIG said...

I will look out for it. Thanks.

Little Corner of Mine said...

V, YOU? Haha! :D

ilovepearly, yeah it's easy.

You're welcome singairishgirl! :)

Big Boys Oven said...

lcom and emwk, both of you are really sister....alway think so alike! ....kekekekekekek!

Geraldine said...

thanks for the idea, will go to chinatown and grab a can of Ma Ling Luncheon meat this weekend.

Little Corner of Mine said...

BBOven,
:)

You're welcome Jane of All Trades.

Anonymous said...

HA! Good to see we ALL love SPAM! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~clicked over from East Meets West Kitchen

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for dropping a note, Sandi. :)

Anonymous said...

I keep frozen veg in my freezer. Wooo...oh so handy when I'm lazy to even wash and cut vegetables :P

Anonymous said...

I love spam & pineapple fried rice. :) I also have that sambal. So good, ya?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish,
Hehehe...me too! I stored frozen okra and cut green beans just in case I'm out of fresh ones.

Blurmommy,
Mmmm...spam and pineapple fried rice sounds delicious! Will have to try that next time. Yes, this chilli is good to have on hand. :)

Jenny said...

Ever try fried rice with ginger? U chop ginger to small smallest pieces n u must have eggS to fry it with.
Good for the cold weather

Little Corner of Mine said...

I do Jenny. These days, I always add minced ginger in my fried rice, more fragrant. :)