Monday, November 12, 2007

Mixed Golden Raisins & Cherries Oats Cookies



I love oatmeal cookies but I never attempted to bake my own oatmeal cookies because oats in any kind was just not in my shopping list. Then, I came across oats on-sales again and thought why not, at least I can bake some cookies or use it in butter oats prawns, also oats is good for us, so why not? Hence, I bought some old fashioned rolled oats.

I saw this Rolled Oats Cookies recipe at CookBake Legacy and decided to give it a try. I modified it a little to suit what I have in the house, such as I used canola oil and added 1/2 cup of mixed dried golden raisins and cherries. The result is definitely yummy! This cookie is crunchy in itself and the dried fruit gave it an extra chewiness when you bite into it. I totally love it! I will try it with cornflakes next!



When cooled on wire rack, store it in an air-tight container. This recipe is definitely a keeper, good for Chinese New Year and it's so easy to make and so addictive (I couldn't stop eating!). This is also one recipe that I can play with. Thanks Chawanmushi for sharing the recipe! :) Oh, it yields 38 cookies for me.

16 comments:

cocoa said...

Need to add this to my to do list as well...

Beachlover said...

wah!!..Now I know what should I make for cookies exchange!!!.Your really look good!!I'm looking for raisin oatmeal cookies receipe that is chewy and soft.Near myplace in Hampton,LI,NY there is a bakery store sell all pies and cookies.In summer ppls from everywhere line up for atleast 30 mins just to get their cookies..10 pc for $4.50, 9in pie for $20 and up and it's really really good!!

aiknhoon said...

Looks yummy! So is the rolled oats same as Quaker oatmeal? That's what we used to make our oatmeal cookies. But yours look much better.

daphne said...

nice! i love these sort of cookies!! haha.. and if it is crunchy, i will definitely try it!!

SIG said...

Wow, looks great. And healthy too. Haha.

Indonesia Eats said...

Baking Season...
I would love to try some

Little Corner of Mine said...

Cocoa,
You should, this is very good, not to say healthy too.

Beachlover,
Thanks, you should try it. This is crunchy, more towards Asian liking. I think Big Boy Oven and Daphne got a recipe for soft and chewy oatmeal cookies. I guess people are willing to pay the price for good stuff!

Aiknhoon,
Thanks! Don't know leh as I never buy Quaker oatmeal before. But rolled oats is the oat that has been rolled flat. So it's pieces of flatten oats, it comes in quick cooking and old fashioned.

Daphne,
Thanks, it's very crunchy and nice! Not to say healtier too if you use canola oil.

Singarishgirl,
Thanks!

Andaliman,
Yes, you should try make some for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Usually I don't like to eat oats but I love oatmeal raisin cookies. Will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing! :)

Chawanmushi said...

Hi little corner of mine ...
Yes, they are really addictive LOL
Glad you like them :-)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi BlurMommy,
You're welcome! Me like you don't like oatmeal at all, except in cookies...hahaha....

Hi Chawanmushi,
Thanks again for the recipe. I loved it and have made another batch actually. :)

Dwiana P said...

Hey.... that reminds me to bake for the holidays. Oat cookies sound so healthy dear.

Big Boys Oven said...

When I read this post of yours.....I really laugh so loud with dismay.....you too same like me had a COOKIE JAR! Welcome to COOKIE JAR CLUB! lol!

Big Boys Oven said...

hahahah I see you got a cookie jar too same like me....... i would like to have yours tooo! lol!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Dwiana,
Not only it sounds healthy, it is indeed healthier with the use of canola oil instead of butter and addition of oats. ;)

BBOven,
What do you mean huh? *scratching head* Do you mean my collection of recycled plastic containers (cookie jar)??? Did you mean that? Because I don't own a cookie jar but do have lots of this variety shapes of recycled containers. LOL!

Jackie said...

M going to give this cookies a try too...jackie

Little Corner of Mine said...

Jackie, you will love this cookies! One of my favorites!