Monday, November 05, 2007

Banana Cake 2



I decided to try a new recipe for Banana Cake that I found on the web because it has minimal list of ingredients that normally people have in their pantry. This turned out to be unlike any banana cake that I have baked, more like a Banana bread. It's more dense in texture and drier than the one I tried before. I guess I should call it my failed banana cake, hahaha... Taste wise, it's fine though because I can treat it like a banana bread and eat with my cup of morning coffee.

Doesn't look like a banana cake at all hor? More like a butter cake with bits of banana.... hmmm.... no no....butter cake is soft and moist and this is not! Aiya! failed attempt lah! :P

p/s Not listing the source since I don't like this recipe and will not make again.

16 comments:

Indonesia Eats said...

This is one of my friends, Sefa, likes to make.

daphne said...

Sometimes we wouldn't know till we try! It does look like banana bread and hey-who knows it is a cake if we don't tell anyone... shhhh

Big Boys Oven said...

heheheheh..... this is interesting! Should put the source, hmmmm maybe not!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Andaliman,
I guess it's like a banana butter bread, this recipe uses more flour thus drier in texture.

That's right daphne! A lot of people do like banana bread. ;)

BBoven, hahaha....

Anonymous said...

Looks like bread...but a nice one ler! :D

Christina Kim said...

Hey, it is not that bad...I am no expert but it looks pretty decent:)
Don't give up!:D:D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Haha...thanks tigerfish and Christy! :)

Retno Prihadana said...

I made fried banana bread and it doesn´t look it contains banana ^_^. I think ur banana bread is great!

Dwiana P said...

good for breakfast, and your banana cake look so good.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Retno and Dwiana, feel free to have some. LOL!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a good banana bread for breakfast ;) Here's my banana cake (the chocolate bits is optional - you can leave it out and it still doesn't affect the cake).

DONNA said...

i am yet to find a good banana cake recipe.let me know if youhave one.yes, this look like banana bread.can i blogroll you?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Deana,
The Banana cake that I tried earlier was pretty good. The recipe is shared by Yochana. Yes, you can add me in your blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is May here....
The failed Banana cake looks interesting to me, really hope to see this recipe... :-)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi May,
Sorry to disappoint you, I have lost the recipe and link to the original website. Just changed to a new CPU and I lost all the old links.

Anonymous said...

It's ok :-). You can just post out anytime when you can recall some of the ingredient. Thank You. :-)