Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Mid-Autumn/Lantern Festival



Tomorrow is Mid-Autumn or Lantern Festival. It is a day celebrated by all Chinese to welcome the abundance of harvest and togetherness. A day where we enjoy mooncakes under the full moon while children happily carry lanterns and walk around the neighborhood. I'm not going to bore you with the long winded detail, just click here for the full story if you are interested.

Look what arrived just in time for me to celebrate it? MOONCAKES!!! A gift from big boss Ray, owner of mytasteofasia.com to thanks me for supporting and doing business with him, how nice huh? I was touched and so very happy because I love mooncakes and it is my yearly treat. Ray, a big THANK YOU for thinking of me while sending this gift. :) It's great being your friend and doing business with you. Love the products you sell and it will keep me coming back for more for sure.


For those who miss Malaysian mooncakes and not as lucky as me, you can buy it online at mytasteofasia.com. It comes in White Lotus with Double Yolks and Pandan Lotus with One Yolk. Check it out! :)

Lastly, happy mooncake/lantern/mid-autumn festival to all my readers! :D

15 comments:

Mandy said...

happy mid-autumn fest! I have finished a box of mooncake on my own even before the actual day. Sigh, can't resist moon cakes. :)
I will be so happy if someone can send me more;p
dream only. How's the taste of the pandan lotus one? I have never tried those!

KellytheCulinarian said...

What a pleasant holiday. Fall is a great time of year and I look forward to the changing color of the leaves.

SIG said...

Aren't you one lucky girl? I love pandan paste mooncakes and white lotus paste too. I also got a box of mooncakes from this family that runs a bakery, 4 different types but I didn't like the mixed nuts one. Too nutty. I like my mooncakes smooth.

daphne said...

Happy Mid-Autumn festival!!! Time for mooncakes and tea! =)

Peony said...

lovely moonies.
haha, seem like u have become mytasteofasia saleslady now.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to you n Family too.

Big Boys Oven said...

Ain't they look so inviting and gorgeous!

Peony said...

just finish my update. you receive another award, hehhee
check at my blog. thanks

Retno Prihadana said...

Can I have a slice pleaseee, looks really cute.

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Was it better than the Hong Kong ones? hehe!
Btw, check your email, ok? :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Mandy,
I already finished a box too. Love it, can't resist as well. I love the pandan lotus one, taste good! It's like lotus paste with the flavor of pandan added to it.

Hi Kelly,
Me too!

Singairishgirl,
Yes! Yes! I am. :D I don't like the mixed nuts one too, can't stomach those.

Thanks Daphne. Yup! Yup! Have our legs up and enjoy! :)

Thanks Peony! Oh no, am I? What to do, the products he sells in mytasteofasia are really good leh.

Yes! BBOven! Yours look gorgeous too! Ping Pei one, yum yum!

Thanks Peony for the award! :* Checked it!

Sure Retno, help yourself! :)

V, hehehe...to me, the Hong Kong one is still better leh. So smooth! But this got my favorite Pandan lotus paste, can't beat that! :)

tigerfish said...

Wooo yes, I like mooncakes and not as lucky as you. You lucky girl!
The mooncakes sold in the Asian grocery stores are sooooo expensive. I like white lotus fillings and a yolk too! Happy mooncake festival!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Tigerfish!
Yup, mooncakes not cheap!

Baking Fiend said...

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! (altho' it's over already in sg :P)....

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. I didn't even think of buying one at the local Asian shop because it's going to costs a bomb and I will be eating it all alone :( No fun. It's nice to share a mooncake with another and sip a Chinese tea while admiring the beautiful full bright moon.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Baking Fiend, it's over but still have mooncakes to eat mah. :P

Hi Cooking Ninja,
Yeah, I'm sure lucky. Not many people are that generous these days. It really made my day!