Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ground Pork & Mushroom Dried Noodle



I organized an annual potluck picnic in the park this past Saturday. It's an event where we meet and eat in the park where the kids can enjoy some outdoor play time. The weather turned out to be so cooperating and nice, and we had a fun time eating a variety of food. Too bad, I don't have a picture of the spread because I didn't bring my camera out. But I did take a picture of what I brought to the picnic before we left the house.




This is a simple ground pork with chopped Chinese mushroom noodle.

Ingredients:

Ground Pork
Dried Chinese mushroom, soften and cut into small pieces
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 packet of dried noodle, cooked in boiling water and set aside

Sauces:
Soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil & sugar.

Garnishes:
Chopped green onion and fried shallots

Method:

Heat oil, add garlic, fry til fragrant, add in ground pork, fry til no longer pink, add in mushroom then the sauces and the noodle. Fry til all the noodle are coated with sauce and then adjust the taste to your liking. Dish out and sprinkle with garnishes. Serve hot!


Also sharing a picture of my girls taken by my hubby with his camera after we were done eating. Thus, no food spread also.

13 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

Delicious dish and the girls look adorable!

East Meets West Kitchen said...

So, this is that lovely noodle dish that I missed!
Love your princesses' picture! :)

Ginger said...

oh yummy!

Indonesia Eats said...

those two little girls look so cute. I want to pinch their cheeks :D May I?

Anonymous said...

Which dried noodle did you use? This one looks like mee pok leh....the flat egg noodle. I usually use linguine to substitute mee pok.

daphne said...

nice! looks like the picnic was a success. Your girls looked like they have enjoyed themselves.

Gracio said...

Ching, this dish looks really yummy! Thanks for all ur easy recipes, i really need them now as inspirations doesn't seem to come anywhere near me these days. :)

SIG said...

Awww... how sweet they are. That's the lovely thing about being in countries where they have lovely weather and big parks to play in. Here in Singapore, aiyoh, only think of mosquitoes and hot sun when think of parks.

Anonymous said...

Yr girls so so so cute!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Kelly. :)

V, yeah lor. A pity you couldn't join us that day. Thanks, I put their picture up just for you. :)

Thanks ginger. :)

Thanks Andaliman. Okayyy, I give you permission for one soft pinch only, okay? :P

Hi Tigerfish,
Yeah, it's the dried mee pok. You can get it easily in the Asian market. It's usually place besides the dried wontan noodle. For mine, it said vegetarian noodle.

Hi Daphne,
Yup, it's a success and the kids sure enjoyed themselves. Wish we could get a spot near the playground instead of the pond though.

Thanks Gracio! Do give this a try ya, so easy only mah. ;)

Hahaha @ your comment, Singairishgirl. Oh yeah, I would probably think of the same thing if I'm in M'sia. Suncream and mosquitoes repellent sure come in handy. And thanks for your compliment on my daughters. :)

Thanks vb! :)

Big Boys Oven said...

Your two lovely girls are so adorable.

Anonymous said...

What 2 little cuties! Fall is almost here! Enjoy those sunshine!!!

Good idea! I have 2 packets of noodles left over from my curry laksa dinner over the weekend. Now, I can make this dish!!!

Thanks!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks big boys oven. :)

Thanks Tricia! :) This weekend will be another great sunshine days as well, definitely need to make good use of days like these before it turns cold. Yeh, you can make this noodle.