Thursday, April 12, 2007

Potatoes Chicken



Featuring one of my homecook dishes: My mom used to cook this for me and now I recreate this dish for my family.

Ingredients:

1 big skinless and boneless chicken breast, sliced
2 small potatoes, thinly sliced
Oil for stir-frying

Marinade for the chicken:
Soy sauce, dark soy sauce, garlic powder and cornstarch

Sauce:
Few dashes of soy sauce
1 Tbp. of dark soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar

Method:

1. Marinate the chicken slices with the marinade for at least an hour in the refrigerator.

2. Heat enough oil in a wok to fry the potato slices. When hot, fry the potato slices until cooked through, soften and brown. Dish out and set aside.

3. Use the same frying potatoes oil (if not much left) and stir-fry the chicken slices until cooked, add in the cooked potato slices, mix well. Add in the sauce, give a quick stir and serve hot.

3 comments:

Baking Fiend said...

My mom loves making this for our meals too! and still do so now... yum yum...

Amanda said...

This may be your very old post BUT I'm glad that I found this recipe. Cooked this last night and loved it :) Thank you!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for your feedback Amanda and glad you loved it. :)