My mixed fruit soaking in Brandy ready to be used. I soaked it for more than two months. Now in search of a recipe to try. Since I'm not going to make the traditional kind, I opted to try Lucy's cream cheese mixed fruit butter cake. You can find the recipe at her blog under October 2006 archives.
These are the nicer bunch of my end product. The rest got stuck to the pan and came out broken. :( So, please grease generously and flour it if you want to try.
This cake is very soft, sweet and moist. Since I used a lot of brandy (1 cup) to soak my mixed fruit, my cake tasted of brandy and if consume too much can get giddy wor. I think I should rename it Brandy Cake. LOL!
For convenient, I posted Lucy's recipe here:
125 gm. Butter
125 gm. cream cheese
185 gm. castor sugar (probably have to cut down the sugar to 150 gm. or less)
3 eggs (size B)
200 gm. Cake flour, sifted together with
1 tsp. baking powder
150 gm. Mixed fruits - soaked overnight with 2 Tbsp. Rum/brandy/Kirsch
50 gm. Chopped walnuts
5 nos. green Cherries - diced
(1) Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition to prevent curdling.(3) Mix 2 Tbsp. of the sifted flour with the mixed fruits to prevent the fruits from sinking.
(4) Fold in sifted flour and then add in the mixed fruits, green cherries and walnuts.
(5) Pour mixture into a 7" square tin and bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 45 mins. or until cooked.
(6) Remove from oven and leave to cool on the wire rack.