Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cereal Prawns



Just showing a picture of the cereal prawns I made for a CNY gathering. Sorry no exact recipe because I was using a cereal prawns premix. You can buy it at Giant supermarket in S'pore.

Ingredients stated in the premix are cereal, sugar, non-dairy creamer, pepper and seasoning.

Method:

1) Deep-fry the prawns. Dish out and discard the oil.

2) Add 2 Tbp. of butter, when melted add curry leaves and chilli padi. Fry til fragrant then add the prawns and the premix. Fry and serve.

3) If you don't have the premix, just add those ingredients listed. I will try to make this myself without the premix next time.

Note: For the seasoning, it's probably salt and msg. For the cereal, it's just crushed cornflakes cereal. You can substitute with oatmeal.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Will try it as H ate my share last time.:)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Haha V. Let me know whether you like it or not! You can coat the shrimps in cornstarch before deep-frying, make it more crispy. I didn't deep-fry but pan-fry instead, thus not as crispy. :P

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your prawns looks yummy! Will see if I can get some curry leaves so I can try it out this weekend!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Tricia. :) Feedback to me ya!