Friday, November 04, 2005
Lazy Chicken Rice
Featuring one of my home cook dishes. Why I called it lazy chicken rice is because this dish is very easy to make. Another one of my easy shortcut version. Of course you can serve it with fresh slices of cucumber and a bowl of clear chicken soup.
Ingredients for the Chicken Rice:
~Canned Swanson chicken broth
Sauce for the cooked rice:
Soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and chopped scallion.
Chicken breasts, cut and marinate in soy sauce, dark soy sauce, garlic powder and cornstarch.
1. Wash the rice & drain. Heat up the wok with a little oil, add in the chopped ingredients and stir-fry until fragrant. Add in the rice and stir well to mix til dry up. Transfer to the rice cooker and add in the canned chicken broth, give it a little stir. Cook as normal.
2. Heat soy sauce and sugar in microwave safe bowl for about 30 minutes. Stir until sugar dissolved. Add in some sesame oil and chopped scallion. This sauce is to be pour on top of the cooked chicken rice before serving.
3. Heat up wok with a little oil and stir-fry the marinated chicken pieces until cooked.
4. To serve: Place a ball of chicken rice in the center of the plate, top with chicken pieces and then pour the sauce on top of the chicken. Garnish with cilantro on top and slices of cucumber on the side. Serve with garlic-ginger chillies sauce.
Click for Garlic-Ginger Chillies Sauce recipe:
Garlic-Ginger Chillies Sauce
~10-12 fresh red jelepeno peppers (or any long fresh red chillies that you can get), cut in half.
~1 garlic bulb, peeled & break into separate cloves.
~1 2-inches piece of ginger, peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
2/3 cup of distilled white vinegar (diluted)
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbp. sugar
1. Use a food processor and process (A) until fine.
2. Heat vinegar in microwave for 1 minute or until hot. Add in salt & sugar and stir until sugar dissolved.
3. Pour the chillies mixture into the vinegar and stir to mix well.
4. Then, pour into a clean glass jar and keep refrigerated.
Note: Great dip for steamboat too.