Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Kung Pao Chicken

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Featuring one of my home cook dishes.

I cooked this chicken all the times. Love it while in M'sia, thus when I came over, I just have to crack my head to come out with this dish. Over the years, it becomes one of my master dishes. No exact recipe for this, all agaration. But here's what I use.

Kung Pao Chicken

Ingredients:
1/2 Onion, sliced.
1/2 Carrot, sliced.
2-3 Scallions, cut into 2 inches length.
Chicken pieces from 1 chicken breast (marinate in soy sauce, dark soy sauce & cornstarch).
6-8 Dried chilli peppers.
1 inch piece of Ginger, thinly sliced.

Sauce Mixture:
Soy sauce
Dark soy sauce
sugar

Thickening:
Cornstarch + water

Method:

Heat oil, add ginger, when fragrant, add chicken pieces, stir-fry until chicken is half way cooked, add in dried chilli peppers. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked, add onion and carrot. Stir to mix then add the sauce mixture. Let it boil for a while and add in the thickening. Serve hot!

5 comments:

Frances said...

Hi Hi,
Was browsing thru your blog and saw this! My favourite but could not find recipe to make... yours look delicious... will try out yours and feedback to you ya???
have a good day!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Chloe!

Okie, I welcome any feedback. Feel free to ask any question if you have too. :)

Jasmine Riko said...

Belachan,

Your Kung Pao Chicken looks good! Seem pretty easy to prepare too. Oh and the Glutinous Rice they looks good too! First I thought it Hao Jian (oyster omelette)?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Jas! Actually all my stir-fry dishes are pretty easy to prepare. Will feature more recipes of my every dishes in the future. Keep watch! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oops, everyday dishes was what I meant to write.